Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Broad Abroad. Tales (old & new) of travel

I had a dream last night that I started a blog. But what? What would be the topic? My life? Yawn. "I did laundry and went to the grocery store." Double YAWN. My job? Um, yeah, no.



And then it hit me (still all in my dream). I would write about my travels. And I would start with the summer I spent abroad as a foreign exchange student!



Just before I left this morning, I crept back into the dark bedroom and found my old stationary tin. You know, stationary, the stuff we used to write letters on before we got all new-fangled. Inside was my 2" x 3" red Travel Diary. It was given to me by one of the AFS volunteers before I left on my trip. And inside: my records from 1981, when I was 17 and living with my host family in what was then Yugoslavia.

No comments:

Post a Comment