Tuesday, August 25, 2009

June 29, 1981

Travel Diary

Date: June 29, 1981

"Did nothing today. I woke up at 9:00, stayed in bed til 10:15 or so, got up, ate. All afternoon we sat around - doing nothing! I worked on my writing, and at about 5:00, I layed down - didn't sleep. Got up at 7:30, ate, and now I'll go to bed again. If this town was a bit bigger or it it had a bit more excitement things wouldn't be so bad. I'd love to go into Brod to shop! I want a national costume. We didn't even take a walk today to lessen the boredom!
"Very, very warm. We stayed inside all day! All of us girls are wearing skirts to ward off the heat. It's still hot outside now even though it's 9:00. Mam has been gone all day - on some sort of trip for school. We only had 2 meals (I'm still hungry). Oh, well, MAYBE I'll lose weight! There wasn't even an American film on TV today. BUMMER!"

I lived for American films to be aired on TV because they would keep the English sound, but turn it down, and then sub-title it. I learned a number of new words that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment