Friday, August 21, 2009

Time To Leave.

Diary Entry:

Date: June 17, 1981
Place: Hometown

"I'm preparing to leave for Yugoslavia*. Got my travelers checks today. I will begin packing soon."

*I had a heck of a time spelling "Yugoslavia." Spelling has never been my strong suit!

In addition to getting traveler's checks, I also had to get 3 shots.

Diary Entry:

Date: June 19, 1981
Place: Still Hometown

"I almost refuse to believe tht I'll be leaving tomorrow! Bright & Early! I can't wait! It hardly seems possible - but it is - I'm really going to Yugoslavia. Today, while picking up some last things, I went to LN. We talked a bit, and before I left, she prayed with me. It was a good feeling. I feel secure in my travels. I feel peace.
"There was an article in the [hometown newspaper] about me. Mainly its dumb - but such is life - It was on the front page! Plus on cable TV there is a short news piece that states that I leave tomorrow for Yugoslavia to spend the summer through AFS
"I CAN'T WAIT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment